- Presenting the idea is an evolution rather than a revolution was key for business buy-in
- The importance of RSS in tracking and consuming content
- There are risks to Web 2.0 adoption, but the benefits outweigh the risks
- Let the users dictate which tools are useful and which are not
- The importance of Generation Y in helping frame your Web 2.0 strategy
What was also interesting was the phenomenal response this blog post got. It showed people from Lloyds TSB, Reuters, Simply Communicate, a large bank in Ireland (Allied Irish perhaps!?), and a technology consulting group all indicating that their organisations were seriously looking at adopting similar platforms.
It’s fantastic to see an organisation such as BT adopting this technology and the interest shown by large corporates.